Monday, June 11, 2007

Need to Regain My Focus...

Even though I have a really good schedule, I had a really hard time following it today. One of my really good friends thinks that I should re-think the schedule and adjust some things, but I am not sure if that will help. I think that it is less about the schedule and more about my motivation. Some times I feel like I am stuck in the same never ending cycle, kind of like the movie Ground Hog Day. Much like Bill Murray's character in the movie, I feel if I can just figure out what I am supposed to do, the bar exam day will end.
I received the feedback from the tutor for my RP essay today and even though the evaluation was helpful it was still painful. It looks like I really need to work on my issue spotting and time management skills. Let me clarify, the problem isn't with spotting issues it is with spotting the right issues. I guess it wasn't a good idea to spend 30 minutes writing all about easements (express and prescriptive), 10 minutes about licenses coupled with interest, and 5 minutes writing about Adverse Possession when the main issue was ADVERSE POSSESSION. The tutor says that my rule statements and analysis were good but it would have helped me to get a better score if I had spent more time writing about the correct issue.

1 comment:

Eve said...

That sounds like a lot of helpful insight! And, those things can get better with practice.