Friday, June 8, 2007

Be Careful What You Wish For!

Today I woke up with a migraine and I think that I may have asked for it. I remember lying awake asking why I have to study for the bar again. I also remember wishing for a way out of it. Well, I didn't mean Migraine, ouch! Yesterday I was wondering where my critiqued essay was and BAM it was here this morning and NY is different than CA, surprise. Not only does CA think that my writing sucks but I now have found out that my CA writing style does not work for NY either. My tutor says that contrary to CA "NY requires an issue statement at the beginning of each issue..." Huh? First of all I thought that CA did too and second , I thought that is what I was doing. But my perception of the process is probably what has kept me from passing the CA bar in four attempts.
Don't get me wrong, beneath the crying and ranting I have a great appreciation for the help that I am receiving from the tutor. I really need help with my writing and based on his critique of my essay, I think that he is going to be able to help me. As part of his tutoring package, he sent me an extensive critique of my essay, 2 sample answers and an evaluation of my approach and writing style. He is helping me with both NY and NJ and I found him on e-bay, he is great. So please remember that he is great as you are reading my complaints about bar preparation because it is not the tutor that I have an issue with it is the BAR prep process. Well, I am off to tackle my last day of property. Until later please remember that ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS US!!!

No comments: