Saturday, June 9, 2007

Maybe I Should've Left the MBE's Alone

Yikes. I am really starting to worry about my K and Property MBE scores. It's funny, I always get a pretty good score on the MBE portion of the bar for both of these subjects but I can't seem to get above a 50% while I am studying this time around. First, I take a 40 question exam, then I review the answers for problems that I have missed, and then I review the applicable law for the questions that I have missed. However, when I take another exam, I wind up with the same result.
I was able to complete a RP essay and send it off to my tutor. I am really happy about that because I was afraid that I didn't know enough law to get it done. However, while I was trying to talk myself into it I thought about the book "Who Moved My Cheese" by Spencer Johnson, MD. In the "Getting Beyond Fear" chapter, the character is afraid to do something and he is asked to think about how he would handle the situation if he wasn't afraid and then do it as if he wasn't afraid. This may sound a little cheesy (no pun intended) but it often helps me to handle things in this manner and it helped me to complete the essay and submit it. It doesn't mean that I knocked it out of the park, it just means that I as long as I continue to try I CAN'T FAIL!

No comments: