Friday, June 8, 2007

Foiled by the MBE's Again

Behind on the MBE's again... I have to do something. Maybe I should start working on them earlier in the day because I am way to tired to do them at night. I think that I will take the book to bed with me and try and work on them if I can't sleep (instant sleep aide). I am really hoping that I can find my way out of this MBE slump.
I found something while studying the NY differences that I thought was a little interesting. While I was reviewing R.A.P. (running around poles) also known as Rule Against Perpetuities, I noticed that NY has a RAP Reform rule. Oooh, how interesting, NOT!!! As a I was grumbling through the rule I thought it was funny to see that this rule states that women over 55 years old CANNOT have a child. HUH?? I guess this is NY's version of the "fertile octogenarian" rule. But what about Aleta St. James (http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/11/09/mom.56/index.html) who gave birth to twins in NY just 3 days before her 57th birthday. I know that there are other stories similar to this one but in the words of Arsenio Hall, it is one of those things that make you go "hmmmm."

No comments: