Sunday, June 10, 2007

Crack of Dawn Anyone?

This morning my mom and I woke up and left at 4:45 am to come to La Quinta, CA for a class that my mom is taking. When she told me about it I had never heard of La Quinta so I looked it up and it is in the middle of the desert between Palm Springs and Indio which is about 200 miles from home. It was 85 degrees by 8:30 am the class lasts until 4 pm so I had to find a nice air conditioned building to study. One thing that I have noticed here is that there are a lot of sun worshippers out here. I don't know how they do it because it is way too hot. If I lived here, I would do exactly what I am doing this morning, sit underneath the air conditioning vent.

The nice thing about this trip is that I get to harass my mom for a while and I have to study because while she is in class I don't have anyone to bother. Evidence is fun but the NY distinctions will take some getting used to. NJ is pretty straight forward and pretty much sticks to the multi-state subjects but I know that this is going to change when I start with Civil Procedure. Today I need to review the rules of Evidence, work on MBE questions and write an essay. I really hope that I can get it done, but if I can't I hope to have a new plan worked out which allow me to meet all of my study goals.

No comments: