Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What A Ride!!

Well, I'm baaaack and I have good news... I PASSED THE NJ AND NY BAR EXAMS. I am so excited. I can't believe that it has been almost 5 months since my last entry, so much has happened. My bar studies seemed to get much worse before they got better. So, I decided to rebel against the bar and my blog. I know, I know this makes absolutely no sense, but at the time the Bar Monster told me that it was a good idea.

Every thing that could go wrong during the NY and NJ bar exams did. First, my 30 minute layover in Las Vegas turned into a 3 hour wait on the way to PA. Next, we got lost on our way to NY (Long Island for the exam) and instead of it taking 3-4 hours to get from PA to NY it took 6-8 hours. Then there was a tech support issue in NY which delayed the bar exam by 2+ hours. Just when I thought that it would get better the lights flickered off and on during the MBE. Being ever so happy to get to NJ, I arrived to a gross hotel room at a hotel with no other vacancies. And the topping on the cake was a 3 hour wait to start the NJ bar while awaiting the arrival of the 3 technicians that were used in NY two days before. You probably think that this was the end but it wasn't. The perfect end to my east coast trip came when I was delayed 3-4 hours in NJ airport (after we found it) on my way home.

However, by the grace of GOD, I PASSED. Some say that all of the distractions kept me from stressing out about the actual exam. I don't know, but what I do know is that I had a lot of love, support, prayers and encouragement. For example, my sister and one of my friends took me to see the Color Purple the Sunday before the exam. They also "inadvertently" interrupted my studying by luring me away from the books with mac and cheese and late night movies. They also made sure that I had plenty of food, stress free driving and plenty of breaks. This is different than what I have done for the CA bar in that, I did not study up until the very last second.

So now, I have decided to take another stab at the CA bar exam and I hope to be able to share the experience through this blog. I really believe that passing the other two exams will help me to regain the confidence that I once had before the CA BAR MONSTER. Please stay tuned, if nothing else you will be entertained by this wonderful process.

1 comment:

Making and Saving in the LBC said...

My girl is back! Ms. Esq!

I am so happy for you! NY and NJ licensed. Kicking butt and taking names.

Boo Hiss to CA for not acknowledging your talents! Anyway, glad to see you back!

Frugal JD